There are many ways to Get Involved in supporting your school.
We have immediate need for help with the following:
- Auction Night Help
- School Site Council members
- JM Scrip Gift Cards - Co-coordinator
We need more people to help on the day/night of the Auction. (November 5th)
We need a lot of help with day time set up...at least 30 more people! We also have no one to cashier or help bag items at the end of the night. Please click on this link to sign up (or cut and paste it into your web browser)...
If you wish, tell me what you want to do and I'll sign you up! I just need your name, email and the phone number where you can be reached that day.
- 4 people for Movers (move stuff from someone's house or pick up location to the country club) 8:30 - 9 am
- 13 people for Set Up Shift #1 9:30-11:30
- 19 people for Set Up Shift #2 11:00-1:00
- 1 person for On-line Bagger Shift #1 11:00-1:00
- 1 person for On-line Bagger Shift #2 12:00-2:00
Night help during the event
- 1 person for 52 Card Game Shift #1 6:00- 7:00
- 5 people for Check Out Baggers 8:30-10:00
- 6 people for Check Out Cashiers 9:30- 10:45 (We have no one signed up for this!!!)
- 3 people for Clean-Up (easier than you may think)
Thank you for your help,
Your Staffing Chairs Miki Levine, Jen Shaffer and Vicki Morrella 2011
Auction : Saturday, November 05
School Site Council members
The SSC is required to have parity between the faculty (principal, teachers and other school staff) and an equal number of Parents and/or community members. Classroom teachers are required to comprise the majority of faculty members on the council.
Members of the JM community are welcome to attend all SSC meetings and contribute to active discussions, but only active members selected by peer group elections may vote on action items.
Learn more about the SSC here.
JM Scrip Gift Cards - Co-coordinator
We now have a new way to earn free money for our school: Scrip Gift Cards. Now, JM is offering gift cards from well-known retailers like Gap, Chevron, Starbucks, Safeway - even VISA - and a percentage of the sale will go to JMPTA. They are perfect for holiday shopping, as well as for everyday purchases, like gas or groceries. This "passive fundraising" program that has been extremely successful at nearby schools!
If you are interested in helping to coordinate this promising program, please contact Diane Huetter for more information .
- Learn more about volunteer opportunites at our school
- Learn about our committees on our JM-PTA Volunteer Roles Directory