There are many ways to Get Involved in supporting your school.
Parent Teacher Liason
The purposes of the Joaquin Miller Parent Teacher Liaison (formerly Parent Advisory Council) are:
- To serve as a source of exchange of information between the administrative and professional staff of Joaquin Miller School and the parents of Joaquin Miller School
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the administrative and professional staff of Joaquin Miller School
- To assist the administrative and professional staff of Joaquin Miller School in the development and implementation of school programs and activities
- In practice, the PAC addresses policy and administrative issues inappropriate for the PTA. Typically, PAC and PTA meetings are held together, with any PAC matters being considered at the end of the PTA meeting.
Membership is composed of:
- Principal of the school
- Four teachers from the school
- PTA President
- PTA First Vice President
- PTA Third Vice-President
- Twelve parents of Joaquin Miller school children
- A separate Chairperson is elected by the PAC membership.