There are many ways to Get Involved in supporting your school.
Keep informed by signing up for our Community Email List.
See all upcoming school events on our Calendar.
Fundraising events at Joaquin Miller are essential if we are to continue offering our children the best possible education. The money we raise is put to many uses:
- Instructional material, equipment, books, and teacher workshops
- Student projects, field trips and assemblies
- Salaries for the adjunct staff that would not be funded by the district (such as the librarians, motor development and computer coordinators, classroom assistants, song flute instructor)
- Computers and software
- Playground and motor development equipment
- Installation of mini blinds in all classrooms
- Digital kiln for the school
- Design and planting of the garden in the front of the school
The Raffle and Fall Auction, the Walk-A-Thon, the Spring Fair and Passive Fundraising are our principal fundraisers. Please attend and spend at these fun and popular events, and sign up for SCRIP to support your school. Contact any member of the PTA board to express your interest in helping make these events an even greater success.
Your contributions can have twice the impact if you participate in your company's matching program. Employee matching gifts often are dollar-for-dollar, but some companies will give double or even triple the original donation. Matching gifts can be requested for any contribution you make, even your Walk-A-Thon pledge! Some companies may also give matching gifts for employees’ volunteer efforts.
To see if your company participates, check the list here or ask your HR contact. To request a matching gift, just fill out the form on your corporate web site or request one from your HR contact.
Passive Fundraising: Quick Links to Shop for JM
Earn funds for Joaquin Miller while shopping for groceries or other goods by using the links below.