Save the date! The 32nd Annual Fall Auction is set for Saturday, November 3, 5:30-11pm at the Rock Wall Wine Company in Alameda.
The Fall Auction is Joaquin Miller PTA’s biggest fundraiser of the year and is not to be missed. This year’s exciting new venue, the Rock Wall Wine Company, offers a super-sized 20,000 sq. ft. space, dramatic 40 ft. ceilings, plus incredible San Francisco skyline views. The event is catered by five-star Dove Catering and will include a cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres and no-host bar, a delicious three-course sit-down dinner for a leisurely meal with friends, plus dancing after the auction. Learn more about the venue at Rock Wall Wine Company.
The Silent and Live Auctions feature items ranging from gourmet dinners to vacation packages, teacher outings, handmade treasures and more. The money we raise is the primary source of funding for programs that all our children enjoy: the library, computer lab, physical education instruction (“Mr. L”) and much more. Without parents’ support of the auction, these programs would not exist.
There are lots of ways you can join the fun –
- Come to the Auction. It’s our most festive fundraiser of the year! We’ve made it easy to purchase your tickets online when you make your one-stop payment for PTA dues and fees. Save the date and book the babysitter now!
- Make a donation. Help us get the ball rolling with a donation. Download PDF donation form »
- Own a business? Donate a gift certificate.
- Love to cook? Offer to help host a party or dinner. These events make a lot of money for the auction! Please contact Ellen Au Yeung .
- Donate Wine! Providing wine is a simple way to donate to the JM Fall Auction and to your children’s education.
You can either donate bottles from your cellar or select them from a wine registry (registry will be available shortly, but feel free to call and choose your own wine!) that we’ve set up at K&L Wine Merchants. Contact Scott at K&L to purchase wine from them to donate (415.896.1734). We will collect the wine that is contributed through K&L for you. Also, you can drop off your donations in the office at school or contact me to arrange pick up.
Please attach the following information with your donation:
name, email address, approximate value and any interesting details about the wine.
For more information contact Brian McCabe or 415.518.8292.
- Solicit a donation. Have a favorite restaurant, hardware store, stylist? There is a list of the businesses we solicit in the office — take a look, if your favorite business isn’t there, take a donor packet and ask them yourself. Have questions? Call Wendy Spander, External Solicitations, JMSAuction@gmail.com.
- Solicit advertising from your local service providers. Local businesses highlight their services to potential clients — over 350 JM families — and help support local public school education. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer to help. An event this big takes a lot of work, and we need help before, during and afterwards to make it a big success. Fill out the form sent home in the opening day packet or contact Volunteer Coordinator Vicky Morrella.
- Buy a raffle ticket! Every little bit helps, and every student who sells tickets gets entered in a drawing for prizes.
We continue to be very excited that the Fall Auction has gone high-tech! We have an online catalog at http://joaquinmiller.maestroweb.com/. Now you can:
- Browse through the items that will be up for bid on the Online Auction which starts at 4:00 pm on October 31st (and see photographs of many of them).
- Make your donations online.
- Create a wish list of items you don’t want to miss.
- Email other Joaquin Miller parents about dinners and events you want to bid on together.
Want to know more about the auction? Click on the Contact Us link to the right and send an email to the auction co-chairs, Deb Mauer and Wendy Peter.